ACHIEVERS – EVERY ONE
Anthony Roberts has paid tribute to five members of the Lane Cove electorate, recognised in the 2018 Queen’s Birthday honours list.
Mr Roberts said “any recipient of a QBH is an outstanding individual.”
This year there are three recipients becoming Member in the General Division (AM) and two awarded the Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australian in the General Division.
- Emeritus Professor Michael Atherton – for “significant service to the performing arts”
- Andrew McLachlan AM – “for significant service to pharmacy as a researcher, educator and administrator and to professional medical and scientific organisations”
- Len Ainsworth AM – “for significant service to business and manufacturing as well as to the community through philanthropic contributions”
- Peter Andrews – for “service to the Uniting Church”
- Donna Baker – for “service to sport in a range of roles”
- Helen Brownlee OAM – for significant service to sports administration, to women as an advocate for greater participation in sport, and to the Olympic movement”
“On behalf of the community I thank each of the recipients of a Queen’s Birthday AM/OAM for their contribution and commitment to the broader community,” concluded Mr Roberts.
Media contact: Christopher Sullivan 9817 4757